This award is meant to recognize newer bloggers or bloggers who have a smaller following (although, I have to say, some of the bloggers I chose have been around for a while and some are a little over the 200 follower limit:). It’s meant to show appreciation to those bloggers who have great content on their blogs, and recognize them and their work. What a sweet surprise to find out that I was one of 11 bloggers Sarah chose!
Requirements to receive this award:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new
questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and
link them in your post (some of my nominees have a little over 200 followers).
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs (you can’t nominate the person who nominated you).
1. If I could be anything in the world, I would be a ballerina.
2. I can’t go to bed before 11 pm. Even if I’m in bed at 10:30, I can’t get to sleep until the clock strikes 11!
3. I LOVE brownies… I mean LOVE them!
4. I hate roses. Yep, I’m a Orchid, Tulip, Peony kind of girl.
5. My favorite book is Jane Eyre.
6. I went to modeling school.
7. I can NOT get a tan! No matter what I do, or how long I sit in the sun.
8. I’m grumpy in the mornings… just don’t talk to me, don’t touch me, don’t mess with me.
9. My favorite color is blue.
10. Irish Breakfast tea makes me happy.
11. I love WW II history.
And here are the questions Sarah has asked me to answer:
1. If you could move into a home on a movie set,
which movie would it be from?
I’ve always admired that gorgeous house from Father of the Bride.
2. What design magazines do you anxiously await
arrival of each month?
I enjoy Fresh Style magazine and I love looking through the RH catalog (even though that’s not really a magazine).
3. What is your favorite social media platform?
Pinterest… I’m addicted. Enough said.
4. What is your go-to paint color?
I love Benjamin Moore’s Revere Pewter, although I have yet to use it!
5. Where is your dream travel destination?
I’ve always dreamed of traveling the Irish countryside.
6. What is the #1 item to buy on your house wish list?
I’ve been admiring a few beds from Restoration Hardware, but that is definitely on the WISH list! Can you say “expensive?”
7. What is your favorite room in your home and why?
My bedroom. It’s a work in progress (and probably will forever be), but I love that I have held out for some of the items I really wanted to fill it with.
8. Which home decor store do you feel offers the most stylish items for the best price?
I feel like online stores Joss & Main and One King’s Lane usually offer some pretty amazing items for good prices.
9. What is your first decorating memory?
I only wish I had pictures of my childhood bedroom. I made all kinds of crappy junk for that room;)
10. If you had to pick a country to best describe
your design style, what country would it be?
I don’t think it could possibly be just one! It would have to be a combination of France, America, and Sweden.
11. If you could build your dream home, where would
it be and why?
In Vermont. My house would sit on a tree-lined street surrounded by lovely early American homes. I just can’t get over the quaint idealism of living on a tree-lined street in a prominent, well established neighborhood in what I consider one of the most beautiful states.
And here are the 11 blogs I’m passing the Liebster on to:
And my questions for these 11 bloggers:
1. What is one thing you can’t start your day without doing?
2. What is one thing most people don’t know about you?
3. What is a subject you were really good at as a kid in school?
4. What is your favorite book?
5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. Which do you like better- Cats or Dogs?
7. What is one thing that makes you really happy?
8. What is your favorite blog (one that you read every day)?
9. Who or what inspires you most?
10. If a movie were made out of your life, what actor/actress would you choose to play you?
11. What would you call your personal style?
So if you’re one of the bloggers I chose, go ahead and pass the award on! And a big thank you to Sarah for passing it to me!